|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers April 13, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #9
LDCT-17-02/Ordinance 17-22 - Land Development Code Text Amendment Airport Zoning - Legislative - Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kelley Klepper, AICP, Kimley-Horn and Associates
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and in accordance with Section 341 of the Land Development Code, I recommend adoption of Ordinance 17-22, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• On March 2, 2017 the Board of County Commission approved Ordinance 17-03, Case Number PA-16-09 providing amendments to the Definitions and Future Land Use Element, Future Land Use Map Series, and Aviation Sub-Element of the Comprehensive Plan.
• In 2016, the Florida Legislature adopted amendments to the Florida Statutes, Chapter 333 – Airport Zoning (House Bill 7061). Chapter 333 addresses Airport Zoning, definitions and land use compatibility standards in and around public use airports (commercial and general aviation). Per the Statute, local governments are required to update their airport zoning standards (regulations) by July 1, 2017.
• As noted by FDOT (Florida Department of Transportation), the significant changes to Chapter 333 include the following:
• The amendments to Chapter 4 – Zoning, specifically Section 403.2 relating to the Airport Impact (AI) Overlay Zoning District and its requirements, are consistent with and based on both the adopted Comprehensive Plan and F.S. 333. As part of this Land Development Code Text Amendments, certain maps are required to be amended to reflect the new nomenclature and airport “surfaces” for areas in/around airports. The airports include the Bradenton-Sarasota International Airport (SRQ), as well as other general aviation airports within and adjacent to Manatee County including Airport Manatee (48X) and Thomson Airfield (6FD7) which are also addressed per the updated Chapter 333, F.S.
• Staff recommends approval of the amendments.
• UPDATE AFTER ADVERTISING: Reference to Thomson Airport will be deleted from this LDC Text Amendment. Said update(s) will be stricken from all documents prior to the first Board of County Commissioners public hearing on May 4, 2017.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2017-0110 on March 21, 22, 27 and April 4, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - LDC Airport Zoning - Ordinance 17-22.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 17-22 - LDCT-17-02 - Airport Overlay Impact.pdf
Attachment: Exhbit A-1 - Section 200 - Definitions (002) (003) 4.pdf
Attachment: Exhbit A-2 Section 403.2 Strike Thru .pdf
Attachment: Exhibit A-3 Ch4_Zoning_v66_FINAL_03312017 LB.pdf