|PLANNING COMMISSION Manatee County Government Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-13-40(Z)(G) – 615 UPPER MANATEE RIVER ROAD - DTS 20130458 - B00000253 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - MARGARET TUSING
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-40(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 – A.2, B.1 - B.3, C.1 - C.5, D.1 - D.7, E.1 - E.8; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) in the UF-3 FLUC with a gross residential density exceeding one (1) dwelling unit per acre and 2) adjacent to a perennial lake or stream; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Sections 714.8.7 (replacement trees) and 715.3.4 (one canopy tree every 50-linear feet) as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano PL, is requested approval of a Rezone and General Development Plan for 163 single family detached residences. The site is approximately 64 acres located at 615 Upper Manatee River Road.
• The site is located in UF-3 (Establish the Urban Fringe – 3 dwelling units per gross acre).
• Special Approvals are required because the site is located adjacent to a perennial lake or stream (Gates Creek) and the project exceeds the gross residential density of 1 du/ac (2.54 du/ac).
• The minimum lot size is 50’x120’ (6000 SF); the rear yard width for the four (4) lots adjacent to the southern property line are approximately 100-feet wide, consistent with the larger lot A-1 development.
• The Applicant is meeting the minimum standards of the LDC with respect to roadway width (24’) and cul-de-sacs not exceed 800’ in length.
• Notes 18 and 20 on the Cover Sheet state that 5’ sidewalks will be constructed adjacent to Upper Manatee River Road and 117th Street East as well as sidewalks on both sides of the internal roadways.
• 27.11 acres (42%) are proposed for open space with open space/preservation areas scattered throughout the project.
• The site has 1.85 acres of wetlands and approximately 200 square feet are proposed for impact (roadway crossing Gates Creek).
• The subdivision proposes three points of access: Upper Manatee River Road, 116th Street East (interneighborhood tie with Gates Creek Subdivision), and 117th Street East. At this GDP stage, the Applicant is not certain
• Staff requested and supports the Specific Approvals to reduce tree replacement sizes and one canopy tree per lot frontage.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded via email on 3/21/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - 615 Upper Manatee River Road Rezone - PDR-13-40(Z)(G) - 4-10-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - 615 Upper Manatee River Road Rezone - PDR-13-40(Z)(G) - 4-10-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - 615 Upper Manatee River Road Rezone - PDR-13-40(Z)(G) - 4-10-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDR-13-40(Z)(G) - 615 Upper Manatee River Rd - DTS20130458 - 20140410 PC.pdf