The Risk Management Division of the County Attorney's Office promotes a safe environment for employees and the public by identifying, measuring and addressing risks and liabilities and administering insurance claims.
Risk Management also:
- Manages the County's Worker's Compensation, General Liability, Vehicle Fleet, Property Damage, Personal Injury and other insurance claims;
- Implements the self insurance ordinance;
- Negotiates the purchase of excess insurance for all of the County's physical and real property and potential liabilities;
- Supervises the functions of the County's third party claims administrators;
- Adjudicates and settles auto and general liability claims in-house;
- Administers the County's Safety Training and Compliance Program.
For more information, call (941) 745-3750 or fax (941) 745-3774.