The Risk Management Division of the County Attorney's Office promotes a safe environment for employees and the public by identifying, measuring and addressing risks and liabilities and administering insurance claims.
Risk Management also:
- Manages the County's Worker's Compensation, General Liability, Vehicle Fleet, Property Damage, Personal Injury and other insurance claims;
- Implements the self insurance ordinance;
- Negotiates the purchase of excess insurance for all of the County's physical and real property and potential liabilities;
- Supervises the functions of the County's third party claims administrators;
- Adjudicates and settles auto and general liability claims in-house;
- Administers the County's Safety Training and Compliance Program.
Property Damage or Injury Incidents
If you feel you have been injured or sustained property damage as the result of the activities of Manatee County Government, you must complete and submit a Citizens Property Damage / Injury Incident Form. This Incident Form can be filled out online and submitted to Manatee County by email, fax, or mail. A County Claims Adjuster will investigate your incident and communicate the findings to you.