Missed Garbage Pickups
How to Report
To report a missed pickup, please call Manatee County Utilities Customer Service at 941-792-8811 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
You may also submit a request using our online contact form.
If your garbage was not picked up, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Correct pickup day: Be sure that you placed your curbside garbage out on the correct day.
- Garbage was not out on time: Garbage must be placed at the curb before 6:00 A.M.
- Size of garbage can: Maximum size for residential garbage containers is 32 gallons.
- Exceeds weight limit: Maximum weight for residential garbage is 50 lbs per container.
- Contents of garbage: The waste haulers will not pick up residential garbage containers that include Yard Waste or Household Hazardous Waste; Also, bulky items, E-Scrap; or more than 2 tires require a special pickup, which may be requested by calling 941-792-8811.
- Placement of garbage: Cans must be placed within 3 feet of the curb.
- Obstructions: Containers must be easily accessible and free of obstructions.