Water Conservation FAQs

Image Water Conservation FAQs

What are my watering days?

See the Utilities Department watering restrictions or call 941-792-8811, EXT 5327.



I have installed new sod and need to water every day. What should I do?

Property owners should contact the Water Conservation Office at (941) 792-8811 ext 5327 to register a new landscape project.  See the Utilities Department watering restrictions  for irrigation of new sod, grass seed and plant material information.



How do I get a Rain Barrel?

Manatee County's Rain Barrel Program is a drinking water conservation initiative sponsored by Manatee County Government.  The program was established to assist residents in using rain barrels as an alternative method of watering.  Through this program, customers may purchase a rain barrel kit directly from the Water Conservation Program at cost.


Payment must be in the form of a check (preferred) or exact cash. Credit/debit cards can only be accepted for customers with a Manatee County Utility Department Account. Make you payment at the Cashier's Office at 4410 66th Street West prior to picking up rain barrels at 4520 66th Street West. All sales are final.


Am I eligible for the Toilet Rebate Program?

If you want to replace a toilet that is 1995 or older (3.5 gallons per flush or higher) AND you receive your water directly from Manatee County or from the Cities of Anna Maria, Bradenton Beach and Holmes Beach, you may be eligible for a Toilet Rebate of up to $100 per toilet (limit 2 toilets per property).


Single-family, multi-family or commercial customers may check their eligibility and apply by calling (800) 964-2140 or may email MCRebate77@yahoo.com.



Watering my lawn is costing me a fortune. How can you help me?

Start with a No-Cost Landscape & Irrigation Evaluation with the County’s mobile irrigation lab.  Call the Manatee County Extension Office at (941)722-4524 to schedule a free evaluation.  This service is available to residential and business properties with automatic sprinkler systems.  The evaluation takes approximately 2 hours and you will need to be on site during the evaluation.



My irrigation system needs repair. How can you help me?

If your property was built prior to 2003, you may be eligible for Outdoor Conservation rebates (up to $1,250) designed to help property owners reduce the amount of potable water used for irrigation.  Manatee County offers rebates for irrigation wells, cisterns, irrigation system repair or replacement, landscape retrofit, moisture sensors and rain sensors.  You can pre-qualify by calling the Water Conservation Program at (941)792-8811 ext. 5327 or visit on-line at www.mymanatee.org/water for more information.


Didn’t find an answer to your question?

Please ask your question at water.saver@mymanatee.org.