Current Road Closures
Below is a listing of County roads which are currently closed or under construction in Manatee County. This page is frequently updated as information becomes available.
MANATEE COUNTY ROAD CLOSURES:
- COUNTY-WIDE motorists are asked to use caution in the vicinity of any utility pole upgrade projects. FPL is undergoing a major retrofit of trunk distribution power lines across the County, and occasional lane closures and delays in these areas should be anticipated. Please use caution.
- At Ft. Hamer Rd, Golf Course Rd, and Mulholland Rd, motorists should use caution and expect possible delays, as this section of roadway is undergoing an upgrade in anticipation of the new Ft. Hamer bridge crossing, which will be open early 2017.
- At Upper Manatee River Rd, drivers are also asked to use caution and expect potential delays for these roadway improvements which are also associated with the new bridge.
- Due to the 44th Ave Project Expansion that is ongoing in the area, 39th St E south from 38th Ave E will be closed to through traffic. Also, the current 44th Ave E that runs between 39th St E and 45th St E also will remain closed to through traffic. See link here for more information: 44th Ave Closure Map
- Lockwood Ridge Rd just south of SR 70 will be experiencing a right turn lane expansion, starting end of April, as a result of sitework for the new Wawa's and WalMart Grocery. Drivers are asked to use caution and expect possible delays.
- 51st St W will be closed starting February 8th for the new gravity system replacement project, from 9th Ave Dr W to 18th Ave W. Detours will be in place, and drivers are asked to use caution and expect possible delays.
- NOTE: The section of work currently underway has 51st St W closed from 15th Ave W to 19th Ave W. Drivers are asked if coming northbound from Cortez to please use 21st Ave W and detour to 59th or 43rd.
- Drivers coming southbound from Manatee Ave are asked to detour at 11th Ave W or 9th Ave W to get to 59th or 43rd. Please use CAUTION and obey all posted speed limits in residential areas.
- The Ft. Hamer Park Boat Ramp will be closed for the next 6 months due to new park and boat ramp improvements that are underway.
- The new 44th Ave E extension, which will be connecting to US 301 just south of 38th Ave E, is well underway and drivers should use caution when entering the work zones.
- Tallevast Rd from the post office west to 15th St E (Old 301) will be undergoing the addition of a new sidewalk and storm improvements starting April 15th. The road will be reduced to one lane at times with flagging operations. Please use caution and expect possible delays.
- 53rd Ave W is undergoing widening from approximately 51st St W to 75th St W. Please use caution when in the area.
I-75 / University Parkway Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) Sarasota / Bradenton:
Temporary intermittent single and double lane closures are in place at night/overnight on northbound and southbound I-75 Sunday, May 1 through Thursday night, May 5 between 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Double lane closures begin at 10 p.m.
Monday, May 2 through Thursday night, May 5 between 9 p.m. to 7 a.m., double lane closures begin at 10 p.m.
The contractor is widening the bridge at Foley Creek, installing water main and storm drain throughout the project, excavating earth material, reconstructing the I-75 mainline, driving pile at I-75/University Parkway, lighting and signalization, and constructing MSE walls.
Improvements being made as part of this project consist of constructing a diverging diamond interchange, adding an auxiliary lane on northbound and southbound I-75, constructing new bridges on I-75 over University Parkway, widening of University Parkway, widening of I-75 bridges over Errie Creek and Foley Creek, realignment of on-ramps and off-ramps at I-75/University Parkway, addition of ponds, drainage improvements, new lighting and signalization, construction of a noise wall on the west side of I-75, sidewalks, bike lanes, and pedestrian walkways. Expected completion is fall 2017. The contractor is Prince Contracting, LLC.