Below is a listing of County roads which are currently closed or under construction in Manatee County. This page is frequently updated as information becomes available.
MANATEE COUNTY ROAD CLOSURES:
- COUNTY-WIDE motorists are asked to use caution in the vicinity of any utility pole upgrade projects. FPL is undergoing a major retrofit of trunk distribution power lines across the County, and occasional lane closures and delays in these areas should be anticipated. Please use caution.
- At Ft. Hamer Rd, Golf Course Rd, and Mulholland Rd, motorists should use caution and expect possible delays, as this section of roadway is undergoing an upgrade in anticipation of the new Ft. Hamer bridge crossing, which will be open early 2017.
- At Upper Manatee River Rd, drivers are also asked to use caution and expect potential delays for these roadway improvements which are also associated with the new bridge.
- Lockwood Ridge Rd just south of SR 70 will be experiencing a right turn lane expansion, starting end of April, as a result of sitework for the new Wawa's and WalMart Grocery. Drivers are asked to use caution and expect possible delays.
- 51st St W will be closed starting February 8th for the new gravity system replacement project, from 9th Ave Dr W to 18th Ave W. Detours will be in place, and drivers are asked to use caution and expect possible delays.
- NOTE: The section of work currently underway has 51st St W closed from 15th Ave W to 19th Ave W. Drivers are asked if coming northbound from Cortez to please use 21st Ave W and detour to 59th or 43rd.
- Drivers coming southbound from Manatee Ave are asked to detour at 11th Ave W or 9th Ave W to get to 59th or 43rd. Please use CAUTION and obey all posted speed limits in residential areas.
- The Ft. Hamer Park Boat Ramp will be closed for the next 6 months due to new park and boat ramp improvements that are underway.
- The new 44th Ave E extension, which will be connecting to US 301 just south of 38th Ave E, is well underway and drivers should use caution when entering the work zones.
- 44th Ave E at Team Edition will be closed for the ongoing road improvements for the new 44th Ave E Extension Project.
- Due to the 44th Ave Project Expansion that is ongoing in the area, 39th St E south from 38th Ave E will be closed to through traffic. Also, the current 44th Ave E that runs between 39th St E and 45th St E also will remain closed to through traffic. See link here for more information: 44th Ave Closure Map
- Tallevast Rd from the post office west to 15th St E (Old 301) will be undergoing the addition of a new sidewalk and storm improvements starting April 15th. The road will be reduced to one lane at times with flagging operations. Please use caution and expect possible delays.
- 53rd Ave W is undergoing widening from approximately 51st St W to 75th St W. Please use caution when in the area.
I-75 / University Parkway Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) Sarasota / Bradenton:
Anticipate a temporary detour route on University Parkway at I-75/University Parkway at night/overnight Tuesday, May 10 and Wednesday, May 11.
I-75 Southbound Off ramp at University CLOSED: A temp detour route is in place at night/overnight at this interchange Tuesday and Wednesday, from 10 pm to 5 am to install drainage pipe. Motorists traveling south on I-75 wishing to travel on University Pkwy are directed to continue south and exit at Fruitville Rd, travel east and enter I-75 northbound, and exit at University Pkwy.
Temporary intermittent single and double lane closures are in place at night/overnight on east and westbound University Pkwy from Cooper Creek Blvd to Market Street, Sunday May 8th through Thursday night, May 12th between 9pm and 7am. Double lane closures begin at 10 pm.
I-75 over CSX Railroad Crossing: Construction project: Crews are resurfacing the roadway, installing new signing, and pavement markings. Expect nighttime/overnight lane closures while crews are working. AJAX Paving Industries is the contractor. Expected completion is summer 2016.
I-75 at the I-275 and Moccasin Wallow Road Interchanges: Construction project: Crews are installing new high-mast lighting. Expect possible nighttime/overnight lane closures from 9 pm to 6 am. Highway Safety Devices, Inc. is the contractor. Expected completion is early 2017.
US 301 from CR 675 to Moccasin Wallow Road: Construction project: Crews are widening the roadway to a four-lane divided highway; constructing sidewalk; installing highway lighting; constructing medians, and improving drainage. Crews are working Monday through Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. A daytime northbound turn lane closure may be in place along US 301 south of CR 675 (Rutland Road). Starting Monday, May 9, 2016 a one lane alternating northbound and southbound flagging operation will be in place starting just north of CR 675. Flagging operations will be from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily in order to install drainage across US 301 at various locations. This operation will continue daily Monday through Saturday for a period of approximately two weeks. Expect delays during the flagging operation. Diversions of driveways may be in place adjacent to the work. Russell Engineering, Inc. is the contractor. Expected completion is fall 2016.
US 301 at Haben Boulevard: Construction project: Crews are making median modifications, resurfacing the roadway and installing new traffic signals. Expected completion is fall 2016. AJAX Paving is the contractor.
US 301 between 38th Avenue East and 51st Street East: Maintenance permit project: Crews are constructing north and southbound left turn lanes and constructing a new intersection at US 301 and 44th Avenue. Motorists should pay close attention to lane shifts expected to last through Friday, May 20. Use caution and expect possible delays.
US 301 at 44th Avenue East: Maintenance permit project: Crews are installing new striping in the roadway. Expect nighttime/overnight north and southbound lane closures from 9 pm each night to 5:30 am each morning Monday, May 9th through Thursday, May 12th. Use caution.
US 41 from I-275 to the Hillsborough County Line and at Piney Point Road and Dock Street (Port Manatee): Construction project: Crews are reconstructing portions of the roadway with concrete; removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway; installing a new traffic signal at the I-275 westbound off-ramp to US 41; improving drainage; constructing sidewalks; installing guardrail, highway lighting and landscaping, and installing new signing and pavement markings. Crews are working on clearing and grubbing, embankment, excavation, drainage, stabilization and signalization. Construction activities are going on both during the day and at night. Motorists should use caution while travelling through construction zones and be mindful that the speed limit is now 50 MPH. Expect possible nighttime/overnight lane closures from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Estimated completion is late 2016. The contractor is Pepper Contracting Services, Inc.
US 41 from 63rd Avenue West to 53rd Avenue West: Construction project: Crews are constructing sidewalk; improving drainage; installing lighting, and placing new signs and pavements markings. Expect daytime southbound outside lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from 60th Street West to SR 70/53rd Avenue. Expect nighttime/overnight lane closures within 600 feet of signalized intersections from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. while crews are working. FDOT allows daytime lane closures not within 600 feet of signalized intersections between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. while crews are working. Highway Safety Devices is the contractor. Expected completion is late spring 2016.