Report Stray or Found Dogs and Cats
Dogs and cats are impounded at our shelter facility that were found to be in violation of our animal laws or turned in by a concerned citizen. If you have lost your dog or cat, we encourage you to visit our shelter to see if we may have your pet.
Pet owners are asked to visit the shelter to complete a lost report and identify their lost pet. Stray animals are held for a limited time before they are placed in the adoption program, sent to animal welfare organizations or humanely euthanized.
Find a current and clear color photograph of the lost pet and have colored copies made to attach to the lost report (including the adult owner in the photo with the animal may provide proof of ownership, exclude any children from photos.)
- Bring the most current rabies vaccination certificate and any medical records
- Be prepared to pay impound fees and any medical fees.
- Place bright colored flyers in the neighborhood with a clear and current photo of the lost animal (limit the text)
- Pet Owners may wish to place a lost pet ad in local newspapers
- Advise your veterinarian and neighbors about your lost pet
- When advertising a reward, it may be better not to mention the amount
View stray or found DOGS we are currently caring for at our shelter.
View stray or found CATS we are currently caring for at our shelter.