Adopt A Pet
Pet adoptions are processed on a first come basis and it is possible that an animal listed may already be adopted when you visit the shelter. Please call 941-742-5933 with the animal ID number to find out the current status of a pet.
Standard Adoption Fees:
- Cost of spaying and neutering
- Initial vaccines
- Microchip implant (all animals)
- FeLV/FIV Combo Test (Feline Only)
- Heartworm Test (Canine Only)
- Parvovirus testing on puppies (if needed)
- Rabies vaccine
- Flea and Tick Prevention
- Monthly Parasite Prevention
- Contact your landlord or homeowners association regarding any pet policy or restrictions.
- Prepare your home by setting up its bed, food & water bowls, etc... ahead of time.
- Bring in all family members and/or roommates that will come in contact with your new pet.
- If adopting a dog, bring in any current resident dogs for an initial meet and greet. (Visiting pets must be up-to-date with their vaccinations.)
- Be prepared to spend at least one hour with a counselor to process the adoption.
All of our adoptable petscan be seen online by clicking on the type of pet you would like to adopt. When you are ready make your way down to one of our locations and come inside our adoption center. The next step is to begin looking for your perfect match. An adoption counselor (if available) will help guide you through our facility and introduce you to our available pets.
Once you find a pet that you are considering to adopt, return to the reception center where you will be asked to complete a brief adopter profile sheet. Your counselor will meet with you to discuss your adopter profile, the pet’s history and background (if known), tell you a little about its personality and then give you a chance to spend time with the animal.
Once you are confident that you’ve found the right pet, the counselor will assist you by processing the adoption paperwork and updating the pet's microchip registration records. We'll notify HomeAgain, that you are the pet's new owner. You'll get a packet of important documents containing a welcome sheet, training tips, records of the pet's history and vaccinations, coupons, and other helpful paperwork. In most cases, you can take your new pet home with you the same day you come in. If the pet has not been sterilized or received a rabies vaccine it will be sent to the vet for pick up the next business day.
- Set an appointment with a veterinarian for your pet’s next round of vaccinations if needed.
Pets available on PetHarbor
Pets available on Petfinder
NOTE: Some dogs and cats may not be available yet since their owners may be looking for them. If a dog or cat is not available, it is noted.