Teen Recycled Fashion Show
Fashion Show Rules
- Online registration begins on Wednesday, February 1. The last day to register online is Monday, April 17, 2017.
- Registrants must be no younger than 13 years of age and no older than 19 years of age.
- An entry can be from an individual or a team; however, prizes are based on an individual entrant.
- Registrants are strongly encouraged to attend one of two meetings scheduled on Monday, April 17, & Wednesday, April 19, at 6 PM in the Manatee County Downtown Central Library (1301 Barcarrota Boulevard West, Bradenton 34205).
- Registrants may model their own creations or choose a model (they provide) to wear the piece for them.
- Each entrant is permitted to enter one piece/outfit/ensemble.
- Make-up artists and hair stylists will be available to provide services to the contestants and models at least 2 hours before the show.
- The piece/outfit/ensemble that each registrant enters into the show/contest must be “family friendly” in nature. Any piece/outfit/ensemble deemed inappropriate will not be displayed.
- Entries will be displayed on a cat walk. Judges will ask the designers various questions about their pieces/outfits/ensemble and their design and creation process. Points will be based on creativity, presentation and use of recycled materials.
Congratulations to the Winners of our 2016 Teen Recycled Fashion Show
First Place: Noemi Veress, Manatee School for the Arts; Prize: iPad Mini
Second Place: Emily Bailey, Homeschooled
Third Place: Queenie Zheng, Manatee School for the Arts
(Model: Danielle Dault; Queenie Zheng is second from the right)
Honorable Mention: Laura Perkins & Hannah Hamilton, Bradenton Christian
Honorable Mention: Ermeline Constant, State College of Florida Collegiate School
Thank you to all our collaborators and community members for making the 2016 Teen Recycled Fashion Show a success!