Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
Currently Accepting Applications for Vacancies
Children’s Services Advisory Board – One representative from the Family Law Division/Guardian ad Litem:
Applications are due by January 10, 2014. For more information on this County Advisory Board, call Mike Neuges at (941) 749-3030, ext. 3467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CSAB is comprised of 13 members who are appointed by the Commission to serve three-year terms.
The purpose of the Children’s Services Advisory Board is to make recommendations regarding the expenditure of dedicated funding; to consult with various agencies involved in the Children’s Services Delivery System in an effort to minimize duplication of services and complete other such duties as may be assigned by the Board of County Commissioners.
Meetings during the months of August through March are held monthly on Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. . Meetings during the months of April through May are held weekly on Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m. . Meetings are normally held on the 4th Floor of the Manatee County Administration Center.
- 14th Street West Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Board
- Code Enforcement Board Special Magistrate
- Construction Code Board of Appeals
- Construction Trades Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Planning Council
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Nuisance Abatement Board
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Senior Advisory Board
- South County Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Unlicensed Construction Activities Panel
- Value Adjustment Board