Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
Advisory Board Vacancies
Manatee County is currently accepting applications for vacancies for the following advisory board. For more information about the specific advisory board see the list below.
Health Council of West Central Florida – Two vacancies.
Applicants serve for a two-year term that begins October 1. Council members are eligible to apply for reappointment in subsequent terms. One Manatee County position is for a representative who is a health care consumer over age 60. The other position is for a representative who is a non-governmental health care provider. Applicants should be residents of Manatee County. The Health Council consists of twelve members from five counties: Manatee, Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough and Polk.
Applications are due by 3:00 p.m., August 29. For more information call Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager at (941) 749-3030 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
The Health Council assesses the health status of area residents; collects and analyzes health care data; and develops strategies with community partners for improving health services. The Health Council is an independent, private non-profit organization governed by the member County appointees.
The Council meets every other month. Meeting times and locations are rotated between the member counties.
Children’s Services Advisory Board (CSAB) – Three seats.
The purpose of the Children’s Services Advisory Board is to advise and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding priorities and expenditures of the County’s dedicated millage for children’s services.
The CSAB is comprised of 13 members who are appointed by the Commission to serve three-year terms. The following positions are open:
- Two child advocates not affiliated with any agency receiving County funds; and
- One member of the NAACP
Members serve on a volunteer basis. Members must be residents of Manatee County and meet the qualification of an elector Members of the CSAB are governed by the State of Florida Code of Florida Code of Ethics, which requires disclosure of conflicts of interest and prohibits voting on measures or participating in matters which present a conflict.
Members must disclose any employment with or position as an officer or director of any entity that applies for or receives funds for the County millage dedicated to children’s services. Members must also disclose any affiliation of the member or the member’s spouse with any organization that has applied for children’s services funding within the last calendar year.
The CSAB meets the third Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. on the fourth floor of the Manatee County Administrative Center, 1112 Manatee Avenue West Bradenton. The board may also meet weekly on Wednesdays during the annual program funding review process (March through May).
Applications are due by Friday, September 5, 2014. For more information on this County Advisory Board, call Andy Guyre or Susan Ford at (941_749-3030, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 14th Street West Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Board Special Magistrate
- Construction Code Board of Appeals
- Construction Trades Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Planning Council
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Nuisance Abatement Board
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Senior Advisory Board
- South County Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Unlicensed Construction Activities Panel
- Value Adjustment Board