Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
Advisory Board Vacancies
Manatee County is currently accepting applications for vacancies for the following advisory board. For more information about the specific advisory board see the list below.
Planning Commission: Two vacancies will be filled by a County Commission appointee for a four-year term. Applicants must be registered voters in Manatee County. No member of the Planning Commission may be employed by the County. No member of the Planning Commission may be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
The Planning Commission is a citizens advisory committee that makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on land use items. It is composed of seven members who are appointed by the County Commission. No particular expertise is required but people with experience or training in planning, engineering, environmental science and the development industry may be given additional consideration for an appointment. The Planning Commissioners are given a $60. stipend per meeting.
The board meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the first floor Commission Chambers of the Manatee County Government Administrative Building, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton.
Applications are due by October 3, 2014 – For more information, call Bobbi Roy, 748-4501, Ext. 6878 or email her at email@example.com.
- 14th Street West Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Board Special Magistrate
- Construction Code Board of Appeals
- Construction Trades Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Planning Council
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Nuisance Abatement Board
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Senior Advisory Board
- South County Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Board
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Unlicensed Construction Activities Panel
- Value Adjustment Board