Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
ADVISORY BOARD VACANCIES
The County is currently accepting applications for vacancies on the following boards:
Affordable Housing Advisory Committee – 11 vacancies
Applications are due by Friday, February 19, 2016
Manatee County has 11 openings for a citizens advisory committee that makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on affordable housing incentives.
The group meets on an as-needed basis on the third Monday of the month at 3 p.m. in the Manatee County Administrative Complex, 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. The vacancies for the volunteer seats are open to Manatee County residents for the following seats:
• Seat 1: Someone actively engaged in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing;
• Seat 2: Someone who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing;
• Seat 3: A representative of those areas of labor actively engaged in home building in connection with affordable housing;
• Seat 4: Someone who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with affordable housing;
• Seat 5: Someone actively engaged as a for-profit provider in connection with affordable housing.
• Seat 6: Someone who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider in connection with affordable housing;
• Seat 7: Someone actively engaged as a real estate professional in connection with affordable housing.
• Seat 8: Someone who actively serves on a local planning agency;
• Seat 9: Someone who resides in unincorporated Manatee County;
• Seat 10: Someone who represents employers in Manatee County;
• Seat 11: Someone who represents essential services personnel.
A link to the Advisory Board Application is located on this page. For more information call Denise L. Thomas, Advisory Board Liaison at (941)749-3029, ext. 3474 or email denise.thomas @mymanatee.org.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Citizens Financial Structure Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Special Magistrate
- Construction Trades Board
- Criminal Nuisance Abatement Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Healthcare Advisory Board
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Value Adjustment Board