Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
Advisory Board Vacancies
The County is currently accepting applications for vacancies on the following boards:
Historic Preservation Board - one vacancy
Applications are due May 29, 2015.
Manatee County is accepting applications for a vacancy on the Historic Preservation Board, a citizen’s advisory committee that makes decisions regarding Manatee County’s archaeologically, historically and aesthetically significant sites.
The Historic Preservation Board is composed of five volunteer members who are appointed by the County Commission. The group meets at least four times a year on the second Monday of each month at 3 p.m. in the First Floor Chambers of Manatee County Administrative Building, 1112 Manatee Avenue West.
Eligible applicants must be Manatee County residents. Whenever possible, the Board is comprised of people with a background in architecture, history, planning, archaeology or historic preservation.
Tourist Development Council – one vacancy
Applications are due June 1, 2015
The Tourist Development Council (TDC) makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on the expenditures of tourism tax revenues.
The position will fill a seat of a member who is vacating the seat. The term expires June 30, 2017.
Eligible applicants include owners/operators or general managers of motels, hotels, RV parks or other tourist accommodations in Manatee County that are subject to the 5 percent resort tax in Manatee County. All applicants must be registered voters in Manatee County.
The TDC is comprised of nine volunteer members who make recommendations to the Board on the effective operation of the projects set forth in the Tourist Development Plan and the uses for which tourism tax revenues may be spent.
The Tourist Development Council typically meets on the third Monday of every other month at 9 a.m. at various locations throughout Manatee County.
For more information, call Monica Luff at the Bradenton Area Convention & Visitors Bureau at 941-729-9177, ext. 231 or e-mail her at Monica.Luff@mymanatee.org
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Special Magistrate
- Construction Code Board of Appeals
- Construction Trades Board
- Criminal Nuisance Abatement Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Senior Advisory Board
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Unlicensed Construction Activities Panel
- Value Adjustment Board