Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
Advisory Board Vacancies
Manatee County is currently accepting applications for vacancies for the following advisory board. For more information about the specific advisory board see the list below.
Historical Preservation Board - Five vacancies
(Applications due by October 31, 2014)
Manatee County is expected to become a Certified Local Government later this year, so the makeup of the Preservation Board is changing from seven to five members. With this initial appointment, two positions will be appointed for a two-year term, two for a three-year term and one to a four-year term.
The initial appointments are effective January 1, 2015.
The Historic Preservation Board is a voluntary advisory board that approves and denies Certificates of Appropriateness (COA) on exterior renovations and demolitions of historical structures in an effort to preserve our community’s heritage. Through the COA process, the board also ensures protection of archeological sites throughout the County and makes recommendations to the County Commission on the preservation, restoration, renovation, development and adaptive reuse of historical buildings and archaeological sites.
Eligible applicants must reside in Manatee County. Additional preference for appointment will be given to applicants who are professional members from fields such as architecture, folklore, cultural anthropology, archaeology, conservation, landscape architecture, historic preservation or related disciplines.
The advisory board will meet a minimum of four times a year on the second Monday at 3 p.m. in the first floor chambers of Manatee County Administrative Center, 1112 Manatee Avenue West.
For more information, call Bobbi Roy, 748-4501 ext. 6878 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Construction Trades Board – Seven vacancies
(Applications due by November 17, 2014)
Manatee County is accepting applications for seven vacancies on the Construction Trades Board which licenses contractors and disciplines those who violate County ordinances pertaining to the activities of licensed contractors.
The group meets on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. or shortly after on an as-needed basis in the first floor chambers of Manatee County Administrative Center, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton.
Available seats include:
- A state certified or locally licensed general contractor
- A state certified or locally licensed commercial pool contractor
- A state certified or locally licensed mechanical, electrical or plumbing contractor
- A state certified or locally licensed contractor in any field of construction not represented
- Three consumer representatives.
Applicants must be Manatee County residents and willing to serve in a voluntary capacity. They must have an active license under Department of Business and Professional Regulations for seats 1-4.
For more information, call Cindi Blake, 748-4501 ext. 3802 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Board Special Magistrate
- Construction Code Board of Appeals
- Construction Trades Board
- Criminal Nuisance Abatement Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Planning Council
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Senior Advisory Board
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Unlicensed Construction Activities Panel
- Value Adjustment Board