Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
ADVISORY BOARD VACANCIES
The County is currently accepting applications for vacancies on the following boards:
Children’s Services Advisory Board – one vacancy
Application deadline is December 2, 2015
The Children’s Services Advisory Board (CSAB) advises and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding priorities and expenditures of the County’s dedicated millage for children’s services. The CSAB is comprised of 13 members, who are appointed by the Commission to serve three-year terms.
The following position is open:
One child advocate not affiliated with any agency receiving County funds; term ending September 30, 2018. Employees, owners or voting board members of agencies that receive funding from Manatee County, or individuals that contract with agencies that receive County funding, are not eligible to serve as a child advocate on this advisory board.
The CSAB meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. on the fourth floor of the Manatee County Administrative Center, 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. Weekly meetings are held during the annual program funding review process from March through May.
To qualify for consideration, applicants must be residents of Manatee County.
The deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 2, 2015. Applications must include: 1) Advisory Board Application, 2) Children’s Services Advisory Board Supplemental Questions, and 3) a resume or C.V. The application and supplemental questionnaire may be obtained online. For more information, call (941) 749-3030 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare Advisory Board – 11 vacancies
Application deadline is November 30, 2015
This Advisory Board will evaluate, monitor and discuss the healthcare system in Manatee County, including physical health, behavioral health and substance abuse, emerging state and federal legislation and policies, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners regarding the funding of healthcare services in Manatee County. This Board will review evidence-based practices and programs, as well as related data to determine how available county and other assets may be maximized and new resources engaged to enhance the long-term stability and effectiveness of the programs available to citizens of Manatee County who have no other meaningful means of access to health care.
Applicants shall be Manatee County residents from specific disciplines of healthcare, mental healthcare, substance abuse care, social services, higher education, medically needy consumer(s) of healthcare and representatives of the business community from disciplines not previously listed. Employees, owners or voting board members of agencies that receive funding from Manatee County Government, or individuals that contract with agencies that receive County funding, are not eligible to serve on this advisory board. Efforts will be made, to the extent possible, to have a Board that is reflective of the diversity of the community.
Each appointee shall be knowledgeable about healthcare and willing to meet a minimum of eight times per year with the initial meeting taking place in early January 2016. It is anticipated that during the first year, more meetings will be necessary. Subsequent meetings will be scheduled by the advisory board.
Applications are due by 5 p.m., Monday, November 30. An additional form with supplemental questions and a resume or C.V. are also required for consideration for appointment to this advisory board. Download and print the form from the link below. For more information, call Andy Guyre at (941) 749-3030 or email to email@example.com.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Special Magistrate
- Construction Code Board of Appeals
- Construction Trades Board
- Criminal Nuisance Abatement Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Enterprise Zone Development Agency
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Senior Advisory Board
- Special Regulated Watersports Area Committee
- Tourist Development Council
- Unlicensed Construction Activities Panel
- Value Adjustment Board