Advisory Boards give County residents a chance to participate in County government by providing input, expertise, experience and guidance in the decision making process of the County.
Advisory Boards cover a wide range of topics in diverse areas of interest such as affordable housing, the environment, quality of life, tourism, development, historical preservation, County finances and more.
If you intend to apply, please note the following important information:
- Eligibility for membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires a valid voter registration card.
- Membership on certain advisory boards/committees/commissions requires financial disclosure or the submission of other information. Florida State Statute 119.07 designates this application as a public document to be made available for anyone requesting to view it.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Ordinance 90-01 states that no member of the Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals shall be a member of another land development-related advisory board serving unincorporated Manatee County.
- Applications for all advisory boards/committees/commissions will remain active for one (1) year. Resumes may be included, however, the application MUST be completed.
If you are interested in participating on an Advisory Board, review the list below to find one that suits your interest and then download, fill out and submit the Advisory Board Application.
ADVISORY BOARD VACANCIES
Value Adjustment Board - One vacancy for citizen member
Applications due by April 30, 2016. For more information please contact Vicki Tessmer at (941) 741-4081, or email her at email@example.com
The Value Adjustment Board (VAB), serves as the decision making authority when there is disagreement between a property owner and Property Appraiser concerning exemptions, valuations and classifications. Applicants must own homestead property in Manatee County; and must not be a member or employee of any taxing authority in Florida, or represent property owners, property appraisers, tax collectors, or taxing authorities in any administrative or judicial review of property taxes. Following the Special Magistrate hearings, the VAB meets to consider and act upon the recommended decisions of the magistrates.
The Board meets at least twice a year in the first-floor Chambers of Manatee County Administrative Center, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Children's Services Advisory Board
- Citizens Financial Structure Advisory Board
- Code Enforcement Special Magistrate
- Construction Trades Board
- Criminal Nuisance Abatement Board
- Early Learning Coalition
- Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee
- Healthcare Advisory Board
- Health Council of West Central Florida
- Historic Preservation Board
- Historical Commission
- Housing Finance Authority
- Library Board of Trustees
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen Advisory Committee
- Myakka Fire Control District Board of Commissioners
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Tourist Development Council
- Value Adjustment Board